Links About Chemistry
- Very detailed periodic tables generated to pdf files.
- Periodic Table Distributed for Exams - Without Element Names pdf | docx
- Periodic Table Symbols Only
- Blank Table
- More Periodic Tables to Print
- Interactive Periodic Table
- The Periodic Table of Videos
- Interesting Information About Each Element - Chemicool
- The Wooden Periodic Table Full of photographs of elements - this site is amazing. It all includes an article on the dishonesty of Brainiac when they produced videos of exploding alkali metals. Theodore Gray also has a new website: Periodic Table
- Interactive Periodic Table An excellent reference with both data and images for the elements.
- It's Elemental: Stories About the Elements
- Article About the Oldest Periodic Table Wall Chart
- The World's Roundest Object
- Atomic Weights and Isotopic Compositions for All Elements
- Activity Series for Metals
- Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry
- Particle Physics
Music and Chemistry
- The first twenty elements.
- They Might Be Giants: "Meet the Elements" (BB Video) (lyrics)
- Parody of "Let It Go" - Chemists Know
- The Elements Song
- Inorganic Nomenclature Flash cards you can print
- Non-metal Ions, Polyatomic Ions and Common Acids (memorize)
- Amazing visualizations of molecules in jmol format are available at the Chemical Education Digital Library ChemEd DL
- Spot the Bonding
- The Khan Academy is a not-for-profit organization with the missin of prividing a high quality education to anyone, anywere. They have over a thousand videos on YouTube covering everything from abasic arithmetic and algerbar to higher math and the sciences.
- Characteristics of the Scientific Method - Bertrand Russell
- General Chemistry Online This incredible site won the 2004 Science and Technology Web Award from Scientific American. It is full of interesting and interactive information about chemistry.
- Powers of Ten An interactive java tutorial - travel 10 million light years from the Earth then return and travel downward into the nucleus of a carbon atom.
- The Orbitron A gallery of atomic orbitals and molecular orbitals.
- Online flash cards to learn common polyatomic ions
- Mark Bishop's Chemistry Website Practically a complete chemistry textbook online with many animations, tutorials, and chime molecules.
- Flash cards for elements on the periodic table from the Jeffereson Lab
- Complex Ions
- Excelets for General Chemistry (requires Excel)
Podcasts and Videos
- The Mystery of Matter: Unruly Elements
- Flame Tests for Alkali Metals
- Professor Walker's video library: Problem solving sessions, classroom sessions, lessons.
- ACS Webinars
- NurdRage Science Experiments
- Physics Resources (many podcasts, videos, articles to improve your understanding of physics)
- Symphony of Science: Wave of Reason
- Large Hadron Rap
- C60, the Celestial Sphere that Fell to Earth
- Distillations: Podcasts
- The Elegant Universe (NOVA)
- The Science of Fireworks
- Supercritical Fluids by Professor Martyn Poliakoff
- Triple Point of t-Butyl Alcohol (It boils and freezes simultaneously.)
- Recycling Car Batteries for Lead
- How Small is an Atom? (good for size comparisons but over uses the corporate logo model (wrong) of the atom)
- Environmental Engineering
- Crystal Packing
- The Beautiful Nano Details of Our World
- The Chemistry of Chocolate
- Clarifying stock
- Milikan's Oil Drop Experiment
- Chemistry Life Hacks
- The Story of Stuff
- Test Your Awareness: Whodunnit
- Thermite and Breaking Bad
Chemistry Societies, News and History
- Timeline - History of Atomic Theory
- Science Daily: Chemistry has many articles about the latest research news.
- American Chemical Society (ACS) The American Chemical Society is a congressionally chartered independent membership organization which represents professionals at all degree levels and in all fields of chemistry and sciences that involve chemistry.
- RSC (Royal Society of Chemistry) - Advancing the Chemical Sciences. This is a wonderful website with an incredible amount of information and phenomenal visuals. The Chemistry World area is full of relevant stories about chemistry.
- ACS: Global Challenges Chemical Solutions (pdf 84 pages)
- Chemical Heritage Foundation This organization "serves the community of the chemical and molecular sciences, and the wider public, by treasuring the past, educating the present, and inspiring the future".
- Wikipedia - Chemistry
- Sense About Science "Sense About Science is an independent charitable trust. We respond to the misrepresentation of science and scientific evidence on issues that matter to society, from scares about plastic bottles, fluoride and the MMR vaccine to controversies about genetic modification, stem cell research and radiation."
- The Golden Book of Chemistry Experiments by Robert Brent
- The Cavendish Lab
- Ten Important Chemical Reactions Everyone Should Know
- 6 Chemical Reactions that Changed History
- Manufacturing Sulphuric Acid
- The Terrible Conditions of Indonesia's Sulphur Mines(2000)
- What's That Stuff
- Molecule of the Day
- The Chemistry of Chilli Peppers Ever wonder what makes 'em hot?
- Alkali Metals and Water (video) This video illustrates the relative reactivities of the alkali metals with water. The Brainiac version is fake.
- Pigments through the Ages
- Copper Chemistry
- Guide to Chemistry
- Oxidation Number Rules
- Elemental Composition of the Human Body
- The Particle Adventure: The Fundamentals of Matter and Force
- The Future of Nanotechnology
- Last Week Tonight with John Oliver: Scientific Studies
- The scale of things
- PhET Chemistry Simulations
- Blackbody Radiation - PhET Simulation
- Photoelectric Effect
Downloads and Programs
- Free graph paper templates
- Make your own plain graph paper
- Free Adobe Acrobat PDF file reader
- Fold a paper tetrahedron