Departmental News and Resources
Log in for additional resources.
New! Truman Wellness Center
- Fall Classes Begin Monday, August 20th, 2012
- Truman College Departmental Website
- Student Policy Manual
- Academic Policy Manual
- Faculty Email
- Faculty Portal for PeopleSoft - MyFaculty.ccc.edu
- CCC Forms: Sabbatical, Rank Promotion, Lane Advancement
- Departmental Meeting Agendas
- Beck's Bookstore
- ACS Guidelines for Chemistry in Two-Year College Programs
- Chemistry Collaborations, Workshops and Communities of Scholars
- Chicago Council on Science and Technology
Student Learning Outcomes
Documents and Forms
- Course Substitution Request Form For Students
- Office Hour Door Sign Template
- Class Evaluation doc| pdf
- Class Grid Fall/Spring doc| pdf
- Class Grid Summer doc| pdf
- Organic Chemistry Studio Classroom Clean-Up Procedures
Lead Faculty for Assessment and Exit Testing
- Physical Science 111 - J. Walker
- Physics - all levels - G. Bart
- Chemistry 121 - J. Walker
- Chemistry 201/203 - M. El-Maazawi
- Chemistry 205/207 - R. Torralba
- Chemistry 212/217 - C. Abrams
- Student Portal for PeopleSoft (and General Search for Courses)
- Student Email Portal
- Council On Undergraduate Research
Truman College Mission Statement
"Our Mission dedicates us to deliver high-quality, innovative, affordable and accessible educational opportunities and services that prepare students for a rapidly changing and diverse global economy."
FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) is a federal law that protects the privacy of student educational records: http://www.ed.gov/policy/gen/guid/fpco/ferpa/index.html. Faculty cannot reveal information about students, or discuss student records over the phone or unsecure e-mail. CCC student e-mail meets FERPA requirements.
The Student Services Department provides a broad range of services to assest students in achieving their academic and life goals.
Students with Disabilities
The Truman College Disability Access Center (DAC) verifies needs pursuant to the American Disabilities Act (ADA), determines student academic accommodations, and issues accomodation letters. Phone number: (773) 907-4725. Linda Ford is the director.
The tutoring center is located in room 162, Larry McKeon Administrative Building, (773) 907-4785.
TRIO Student Support Services
TRIO is for low-income students, first generation college students, or students with disabilities who need academic support: Larry McKeon Administrative Building Room 162, (773) 907-4797. Registration is required at the start of each semester.
Student Success and Leadership Institute (SSLI)
SSLI is for students who need various other support services to achieve their educatinal goals: Larry McKeon Student Services Building Suite 162, (773) 907-4714
The Wellness Center provides a variety of services at no cost for students including counseling, crisis intervention, support groups and more. (773) 907-4045, Room 177, McKeon Admin. Bldg.